December 2009 Reflector



Hi Folks,

I’m going to keep the President’s column brief this time as there is a lot longer article I call the “Fireside Chat” later in the newsletter.


That being said, first I’d like to thank everyone who took part in the November Fish Fry, whether you were there to help cook or did your “kitchen magic” at home. The table was as impressive as ever, and the crowd was huge…94 on the sign up sheet.


As you know, we gave awards to Terry, Mark, Amy, Rachel, and Ken. There are two more awards to give out. Those recipients were not present (well, one was, but that’s another story). So, you may wish to make a trip to the December meeting if you weren’t there to see if you missed getting a “Golden Mic.”


We’ll have a second “closer to Christmas” gathering, at a location we’ll discuss at this meeting. Last year the location was Famous Dave’s BBQ and that may well be the place again this year. It’s informal, and nobody has to cook…just enjoy each other’s company.


We’ll be having our Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve nets again this year, but they won’t be extras as both dates fall on Thursday. We may push the Christmas Eve Net back an hour, because several parents and Grandparents have indicated some children wanted to check in with us, but weren’t available until later. We’ll discuss that too.


As you know, last week was a pretty difficult one to get through, with three people passing who were either club members or a relative of a member.


First, Bobbie Philips passed away from Alzheimer’s and cancer and was buried on November 24th in Sylvester. Then on Thanksgiving Day, Theo Titus’s mother Camille also passed away. She was buried on Saturday, November 28th. Theo started his “amateur life” as a member of this club back in the 50s. I also found out at the funeral that she was the aunt of new member Pete Donovan, KJ4QEE.


Finally, long time member Ray Prim quietly passed away on Friday, November 27th. He will be cremated and the ashes interred at the Military Cemetery at Bushnell, Florida sometime in the next few weeks.


While it has become tradition to do a “back page” on our silent keys, they won’t appear in this issue but rather the January Reflector. A lot of folks are still shook up over all this happening at once, myself included, and this month’s newsletter is just too quick to really tell their story as it should be.


So, that’s enough here…you’ll find a lot more reading (maybe too much?) in the Fireside Chat that follows. The meeting will take place at the Plaza on December 5th. Plan on arriving at 6 if you want to eat, and the meeting will follow at 7:30.


If you don’t get a chance to be with us, I hope you and your family have the best Christmas ever! I’ll see the rest of you at the Plaza on the 5th.  


                                              Season’s Greetings and 73!





                            A+ Test Results


We had another good test session in November that ended up with one upgrade and two new hams. Those earning CSCEs were:


Jimmy Bundrick – KJ4OSV – new General

James O’ Reilly – New Tech (from Tallahassee)

David Edens – New General (from Tallahassee)


We also had father and son Jeff and Isaac Bivins, who both did well, but were a little bit short in earning new Tech licenses. They’ve been given additional information to study and the test session in December, which falls on the 19th, will be a different story.


I want to take the time to thank the 30 devoted people who now make up the TARC VE Team. I’d have never guessed we’d grow this big this quick. Our newest members are Lowell Reiger, Bonnie Keen, Zach Chandler, and Jim Pinson.


While I haven’t taken the time yet to see how many people we’ve licensed in 2009, I think the number will be a surprise.





NØ Tenna Wizard: by Terry Webb, NØTW


Sometimes, Newer is Not Better


I recently changed computers and my new computer runs Windows "VISTA" operating system.  Some of my old antenna design programs will not operate on the newer 64-bit operating system.


My copy of the 20th edition of the Antenna Book included a CD ROM which contained antenna design plans.  The software program "YW", written by N6BV, is a great tool for designing Yagi beam antennas.  It includes Yagis covering 40meters through 70 cm, including several 10 meter versions.


An older DOS program, "Scale", was the one that I could not get to operate on my new VISTA computer.  The neat thing about "Scale" was, you could have a beam designed using certain sized aluminum tubing and "Scale" would allow you to change the design to use a different size of tubing that you have on hand with the new antenna performing as well as the original one.


I sent an email to the ARRL staff asking if the new 21st Edition of the Antenna Book might have been modified to operate on 64-bit machines, but it is not.  N6BV has retired and no-one else has stepped in to fill his efforts.


Luckily, I have other computers that can still run my old antenna design software. 







TARC had a tremendous 2009 Field Day, placing 5th nationally in the 3F classification!


Looking back, there were many opportunities to score even higher by picking up some of the Bonus Points available.


I asked KE4FGF if I could head-up a Field Day group to prepare our club for next summer's Field Day activities.  I will be discussing some tentative plans at the December meeting that will include recruiting volunteers to help me with this effort.  


One of the items discovered after last year's Field Day was that one of our transmitters was putting out just 5 watts instead of the 100 watts it was displaying on the meter.  One of the traditions of Field Day is visits by "Murphy", who does his best to cause problems.  It is by learning from the problems encountered that we improve on our ability to make contacts under less-than-ideal conditions.  Field Day gives excellent training for conditions which may be encountered during real emergencies.


Please think about Field Day 2009 and let me know any ideas you may have to improve on our operations.


C U on the air!


73    Terry, N0TW





                                                                Weather Center




            First let me mention that The 11th Annual SKYWARN Recognition Day (SRD) Special Event will take place Saturday, December 5, 2009. This event is co-sponsored by the ARRL and the National Weather Service (NWS) as a way to recognize the commitment made by Amateur Radio Operators in helping to keep their communities safe. Several of us will be at the National Weather Service in Tallahassee and hope to have lots of QSOs over the 24 hour event.


In emergency communications, having accurate information is a must so it is very important that we know where to get the weather information we need. This month let’s take time to review two of the key forecast agencies within the National Weather Service and the weather information that they provide.



National Weather Service Weather Forecast Office, Tallahassee, FL


Everyone is familiar with this office since we depend on them for a variety of weather products for our immediate area. From our local temperature and precipitation forecasts, to the all too important weather warnings that are issued for the counties in their warning area, this office is the information source for current weather events.


Our local forecast is put together at this office twice per day, with the primary forecast being done by the night crew and posted between 0200 hours and 0400 hours each day. The afternoon crew also looks at the midday soundings and computer models and re-issues a forecast during the 1400 to 1600 hr time frame each afternoon. During severe weather, the afternoon forecast is often able to provide more focused areas of concern for the counties involved since the majority of our severe weather events occur in the late afternoon or evening hours during peak daytime heating. There are also morning and evening updates that tweak the primary forecast based on observations and trends.


All the forecasts are detailed in the Area Forecast Discussion page with information for current weather patterns, a short term forecast for days 1-3 and a long term forecast for days 4-7. It is here that we get early warnings for potential severe weather situations that may occur in the mid to long term forecast period as well as immediate concerns for the short term period.


Another product produced by this office that is a very important tool for the SkywarnTM program is the Hazardous Weather Outlook page. Here the forecasters will provide insight to any possible severe weather that may occur in the short term forecast, hint at potential severe weather in the long term forecast and indicate the need for storm spotter activation for a given forecast period.


Storm Prediction Center


The Storm Prediction Center located in Norman, Oklahoma is the agency responsible for posting severe weather watches to included severe thunderstorms and tornados.  I have included a few paragraphs from the Storm Prediction Center that does a good job of describing their purpose.


The Storm Prediction Center (SPC) is part of the National Weather Service (NWS) and the National Centers for Environmental Prediction (NCEP). Our mission is to provide timely and accurate forecasts and watches for severe thunderstorms and tornadoes over the contiguous United States. The SPC also monitors heavy rain, heavy snow, and fire weather events across the U.S. and issues specific products for those hazards. We use the most advanced technology and scientific methods available to achieve this goal. If you are interested in the history of the SPC we have a set of pages that document much of the history of the SPC.


The SPC uses its suite of products to relay forecasts of organized severe weather as much as three days ahead of time, and continually refines the forecast up until the event has concluded. All products issued by the Storm Prediction Center are available on the World Wide Web. Our products are commonly used by local National Weather Service offices, emergency managers, TV and radio meteorologists, private weather forecasting companies, the aviation industry, storm spotters, agriculture, educational institutions and many other groups.


The SPC is the primary resource for forecasting severe storms and tornados with outlooks being created daily for Days 1-3 and 4-8. The level of risk is assessed and a risk level is assigned for a given day. If severe weather is expected, a level of Slight, Moderate, or High risk will be established. This will be posted anytime severe weather is expected for a given area.


Mesoscale Discussions are another tool that is very useful in understanding a potential severe weather threat for a given area. A map that outlines the area being discussed, the type of severe weather that is expected and if the SPC is considering any watches for an area will be included in this discussion.


Storm Reports can be viewed here a well and this is very important as it gives us a location to view the history of damage reports of an approaching weather event as we prepare for it to enter our area. Here we can determine if a storm has a history of producing high winds, hail, or tornados. 


Knowing what information we need and where to go to find it is very important when time is of the essence during a severe weather event. If you are not using these sites now I would encourage you to familiarize yourself with their products now so you will be ready when duty calls.





DEC-NWS Tallahassee









                             The TARC “Boneyard”


If you have gear you’re looking to part with, get a description and price together and email to




                                 For Sale/Trade Items - N0TW


TEN TEC Model 1251 RF Counterpoise (manual included) - $$ FREE $$ (Requires Repair)


Philips Dual Channel 50 MHz Analog Oscilloscope - Model PM3215

(No manual - available on internet for $5)  Two PM8927A 10Megohm 10:1 probes - probes are missing parts $20


Sencore Touch Tone "Cricket" (IN or OUT of Circuit) Transistor/FET Tester Model TF26 (No Manual) Case cracked but intact. AC powered - cord integral. Operating Instructions are imprinted on back of tester.  $20


Ameritron Remote Antenna Switch Model RCS-4

(Remotely Switches 4 different Antennas - uses single coax cable to your shack) (Manual included)  - No control wiring needed - switches using dc on the coax cable   $45 


Yaesu Desk Mic Model MD-100

Compatible with many different model Yaesu Transceivers



Palstar PM2000A Wattmeter  2000 Watts 1.8 to 60 MHz - (manual and power pack included - power pack used to light forward and reflected scales of meter)



Contact Terry at (614) 216-5334 or






                  TARC Meeting Minutes for 11/14/09


Following  a great supper of fish, Mike, KE4FGF called the meting to order at 7:50pm welcoming everyone and making the following  announcements:  The November Test Session will take place at the Thomas County Public Library at 10am  on Nov. 21st  He also thanked the following operators for helping with the Spaghetti 100 and the Boston Mini Marathon:  KF4GBS, KI4RGD, KI4TFL, KC4LYC, KF4HSM, W4EAN, KJ4KUK, KB4RG, WD4CJI, KJ4GON, KJ4GOJ, KJ4OSU, KV4IM, AI4CW, N4KGT, KE4RWR, KJ4GWB, KJ4GOK, N4KXL, KJ4LOO, KE4FGF.


     The Minutes and Treasurer’s reports were accepted as published.


In Old Business Mike announced that the “Santa on the Radio” project had hit a snag location wise, as Wal-mart did not want to participate.  We’ll continue to look for a location. Mike also reported that he was continuing to look for a repair station to work on the 147.24 repeater.  Yaesu and AES do not do repairs on this model anymore.


     In New Business, Mike turned the meeting over to Mark KD4EYF

     for the presentation of the Officer’s Slate for 2010. Those suggested

     are:             President – KE4FGF

V. President – KE4RWR

VP-Special Events – KF4HSM

Secretary – KI4RGD

Treasurer – N4KXL

Newsletter Editor – WD4CJI


      Walt, KI4TFL made a motion that the nominations be closed and

       that motion passed.  Mark added that the actual election would take

       place in December, and Walt made a further motion to have the

       election on the spot. That motion passed so those named above are

       officers for 2010.


       Mike resumed the meeting with the 2010 Service Awards. The first

       award went to Terry, N0TW, for all his service in helping everyone

       with their antenna projects. The second award went to Mark, Amy and

       Rachel Swicord with the inscription “Forever Members of our Radio



      The 2010 Military Vet of the Year was Ken Lanter, and his award was a

       60th Anniversary edition Ka-Bar knife, commemorating VE and VJ Day.

       Mike mentioned that Ken, his crewmates and ship, were instrumental in

       bringing about VJ day because they delivered the first Atomic Bomb.


      There being no further business, Mike thanked everyone for attending the Fish Fry

     and closed the meeting with 94 members, their families and friends in attendance.


     Submitted by KE4FGF in the absence of KI4RGD.






                        Fireside Chat – 2009


The idea of a yearend “Fireside Chat” started a number of years ago when a club member commented that my term as Club President was beginning to take on the proportions of FDR’s time in office. While at that time, I’d been re-elected the requisite number of times, FDR had a substantial lead in years…a situation fast rectifying itself.


Following an active and productive fall, ’08, we were hoping for some good things to happen in 2009, and it’s ending up far better than we’d have ever dared hope.


January started out on a high note following a Christmas Eve net that had 37 check-ins. We were trying to get all our ARES positions re-situated as I’d just accepted the DEC position for SWGA. Following that Bobby and Dewey took over my EC position, Mark took NWS-DEC, and John took ADEC. In our first surprise of the year, Dana took the EC position for Decatur and remains the only female EC in the state.


A number of us made the trip to Forsyth for the State ARES Conference and got the second surprise of 2009…I came home with the Georgia ARES Ham of the Year award for 2008.


A few days later, I got another surprise…a BIG SURPRISE… I got an email from Russell Jones, KF4JTJ, who is one of our “extended” radio family members in Albany, and he told me he was going to be moving back home to Alabama, and had a 24’ travel trailer he wanted to donate to the club for use as a mobile command post.


I was truly stunned! I’d hoped that the club could one day accomplish this, but to be handed the keys to one was nowhere on my “radar.”


Russell and his family have completed their move, but we received a letter from him the other day, and inside was a check for dues, AND a donation towards trailer upkeep and repairs. As I know he reads these newsletters, I want to say again how much the donation has meant to the club and that he and family will ALWAYS be members of TARC.


February brought on new challenges as an F2 tornado, which grew to an F3, cut a path across the county on the 19th.  Our 147.06 repeater, which had only recently been moved to its new home at the FEMA underground center, was directly in the path. It never missed a beat, with the exception of about 10 seconds when the facility changed over to generator. Scarier was the fact that if it had been daylight, Lawrence, KC4LYC, could have watched it go by. It also passed close by Bobby, and a few minutes later, Stewart listened to a “train” go by just south of him…an F3 train that is.


While we’d had pretty close ties with Thomas County Fire Rescue, this event further cemented the relationship. Another storm front approached about a week later, and after attending a GEMA Webinar about it at the EOC, Chris Jones asked if we could set up stations at the outlying District Command fire stations.


I’d always been curious about what the regular firefighters thought about us being there, and that question was answered about a minute later when one of the group Chiefs walked over and said “If we have Hams deploying to the stations, I want one to be stationed in Ochlocknee!!”


I turned out to be the one assigned to Ochlocknee for that event, and after setting up, took a lot of questions about how we get our communications through. As the event progressed, they stayed in earshot, impressed by the fact that they were hearing NWS traffic go to the NWS in Tallahassee several minutes BEFORE they heard it repeated on their own radio system. Indeed, Bobby indicated that Chris and several others hung out close by his station at the EOC for the same reason. Any questions about the value of us being there were answered that day.


Shortly after that event, Dewey and I met with Grady General Hospital Officials and the result was a signed MOU with that hospital to back them up when worst comes to worst. Another surprise was that for the first time the SWGA District moved into first place in the state for the number monthly reports submitted.


I was a bit lax (to be honest, I was late!) with my annual club update with the ARRL, and after a reminder from Susan, I sent it in. She emailed me back shortly and asked “Why is TARC not a Special Service Club?”  Honestly, I’d never thought about it, but at her urging, turned in the paperwork. In record time, I received notification that it had been approved and we were Georgia’s newest SSC. At the April club meeting, we had a special visitor, Sandy, W4RU, who was our ARRL vice Director, came over from Dothan and presented us with the certificate.


There was another reason for his trip, which I found out afterwards. Gene, W4AYK was present that night, and announced that he would be running for Section Manager. Anticipating that, I had the correct nomination form handy and several of us signed off on it. Afterwards, Gene and Sandy took me aside and Sandy said “When Gene goes in, we’d like you to think about taking his SEC position….and we really want you there.” Since I have a problem saying “no,” you know the rest of the story.


Sandy also mentioned that night that he wasn’t running for Vice Director again, as he wanted some time to devote to another love of his…acting on stage. Sadly, only a few weeks later, we got the news that Sandy had passed away, due to complications from diabetes.


We had the 2nd Annual Radio Reunion about that same time, and this year, the hosts were TARS and SPARC. We had another great turnout, 92 by the list, but probably more who didn’t sign in. The food was great and there was good attendance from several clubs. 2010 will find it in our hands again, and plans are already afoot to make it bigger and better than before.


June turned out busier than most as Ivan and I held a Tech-General Class on two consecutive Saturdays. We had good participation and a number of folks, several who didn’t plan on taking a test, went home either licensed or upgraded. The classes were held at Archbold, and the rooms John, KE4RWR, had arranged for us were great. The students also had access to the WX4AMH station next door, so they could see what a station looked like and operate too.


While I had some really good people in the Tech Class, one young man did his best to keep our class “enjoyable.” Kyle Swicord was the youngest (at 6 and a half) student in the group. He impressed me by all the notes I thought he was taking. About an hour into the class, I looked over and he held up his “notes”… amidst the pictures he’d been drawing were the words “I’m BORED!!” in large print. OK…time for the class to take a break. After starting again, as the clock approached noon, I looked over and amidst more pictures were the words “What time is Lunch???”


So much for thinking I was a GREAT teacher…..


Field Day was the first outing for the new trailer and Terry had asked for it to be the CW station so he could take advantage of the tower and trees to put up a BIG loop. One of the local A/C contractors let us borrow a portable A/C to help keep things cool and it all worked well. Terry confidently predicted he’d get 1000 contacts before the final gun sounded.


The voice stations had problems making contacts on Saturday and finally began to roll on Sunday morning. Conditions weren’t all that great, but we had another unforeseen problem that might have been part of it (more on that later).  Despite poor conditions, Zach and Colby stayed hard at it all night long. The final results? TARC was 5th nationwide in the 3F class, led by Terry’s 915 CW contacts. We’re already talking about a more focused run in 2010, and Terry has agreed to head up a Field Day Committee.


July should have been a month off, but things have a way of changing. A group of us met at Bobby’s and after a couple of days work, had his home station fully operational again, and with a large horizontal loop added to his antenna arsenal. That was very important because Bobby had broken his leg and was homebound. He wasn’t alone. July set new records for club members being sick or in the hospital.


Joe got really sick and I had to take him to the emergency room, and he was serious enough that they kept him a few days. What I didn’t know was that Dawn Kitchens was also very sick and had been admitted the day before and was upstairs in the ICU. I found out about it when I saw Bill’s truck in the parking lot and asked at the desk the next time I was there to check on Joe. As I headed across the parking lot to the truck, I ran across Carmen Lanter and found out that Ken was also upstairs and facing surgery in a few days.


It got to the point that I really started to ask the front desk to just hand me the book and let me see if anyone else was there that I didn’t know about. Had I done so, I’d have also found out quicker that Steve Carpenter, KI4BSB, from Tifton, who is the Berrien county EC, was also present and accounted for.


The best news was that despite several of these folks being REALLY sick, they made it out of the hospital and are home now.


Now on to someone who has had problems of one kind or another pretty much all year….Bobby, N4KXL.  To start with, his mother took a spill at church where she broke a bone in her leg, and Bobby had to take care of his dad and get him back and forth to the hospital. That required several more transfers a day than he was used to. The end result was that he injured his arm and couldn’t drive for about 6 weeks. September saw him finally released from that, but only a very few days later, he missed making a transfer, fell in the van, and broke his leg. He ended up in the hospital for a couple of days and after release, was off the road again. Once the cast came off, he was cleared again, and as you know, he fell again and broke his ankle in two places. This was why, for the first time ever, he missed the fish fry.


He’s currently wearing one of those “astronaut” boots until the ankle sets, and hopefully, we’ll see him behind the wheel again shortly.


September saw us at the Preparedness Fair again, and the trailer got outing number 2. We had a number of folks walk by and leave with information. The numbers attending seemed off, but the location, SWGA Technical College, was the best one yet.


We also knew by then that Gene was going to be the new Section Manager, and so we started re-shuffling the SWGA DEC line-up as I’d be stepping aside. Stewart, KJ4GOJ, agreed to take the NWS-DEC position, and Zach, KJ4LOO agreed to help his dad as ADEC-NWS, which for this area was a new position. John wanted to stay in as ADEC and Mark agreed to be the new DEC…then, Fate threw a wrench into the works…Mark lost his position at the hospital in Albany.  


We’d already faced them having to move to Albany, but I had a feeling that this time we wouldn’t be so lucky. Unfortunately for us, that proved to be the case.


As you already know, Mark’s new job is in Aiken, South Carolina and he reports that it is a great place to work…with the exception that they’ll have to move again. As much as we all hate it, life does have to go on, and though we hate to see the three of them leave, I know they’ll be fine. Hopefully in the near future, things will change and allow a move closer back to home…I know we all would welcome that….


So, with Mark moving, John agreed to take on SWGA DEC, and another new ham to our group, Robert, KB4RG, agreed to have a go at ADEC. All the new Officers got a baptism of fire (including me) on the first weekend in October with the statewide SET.


I’d planned to do a plane crash scenario in 2008, but had a health problem that prevented me from getting it to fruition. This year, Pat, K4NRD, and I started talking about a joint foxhunt for a crashed plane and due to things getting in the way this past spring; we put it off for a while. The SET then presented the ideal time to try it.


As GAARES was to run a statewide power outage, we let that “play in the background” and thus limited the 2 meter communications to only 2 repeaters or simplex. Zach and I ‘piloted” the plane and “brought it down” in Gina’s front yard.  We began sending a beacon using a Morse code keyer.


About this same time, Pat announced the exercise on the North Florida Phone Net, and the NCO had him move to another frequency to handle the traffic. 23 stations followed him to take part in the fun. (Wonder how many that left on the phone net?)


As the hunters got closer, I started sending some very slow code to help them along, just to see if they were paying attention or just looking at signal strength. We found out they were so intent of the signal strength, they missed fun comments like “GO EAST” and “HELP ME”.  But, in the allotted time, Ivan, Wally, and Rich (KJ4AOU) pulled up to the “crash” with about 15 minutes to spare.  Buddy, Carolyn, and Stewart got a chance to check out the operations from the hospital in Quitman, and Robert and Kenny lit off a very successful station in Moultrie at Colquitt Regional Medical Center. As Bobby was unable to help, Kerry and Alan ran WX4AMH, and Mary used her big signal to help tie everyone together.


We handled our two other October events, the Spaghetti 100 and the Boston Mini Marathon with good numbers of folks involved, including a good number of new licensees. I was also taken aside at our church Homecoming by Irvin NeSmith, who runs the airport, and he asked why we were missing from the Annual Fly-In this year. I told him we had been pretty busy, but he said, “We’d really like you folks to take part again” so we may have a look at this event again next year.


The second weekend of November finally rolled around and everyone got ready to fry fish. As I said earlier, Bobby, who with Buddy came up with this event about 20 years ago, was unable to attend, as was Lawrence, who got a flu shot, and ended up with the flu anyway. It was the first time on both accounts that they missed this event.


The sign-up sheet shows 94 people were present and it felt like more. Everyone had a good time, and after the donations and new memberships were counted, the treasury will take no damage from the event. We presented awards to Terry, for all the help he gives his fellow club members, and to Mark, Amy, and Rachel. Theirs bears a reminder that they will always be part of our family even after they have to move.


The 2009 Veteran of the Year was Ken Lanter, and he received a commemorative Ka-Bar knife celebrating the 60th Anniversary of VE and VJ Day. This commemorates the sacrifice he and his crewmates made to get the first Atomic Bomb to Tinian, which greatly sped up the end of the war in the Pacific.


There are two awards still to be presented, one for Young Ham of the Year, and another service award. Hopefully, the people those are for will be with us in December.


Finally, we’ve had a lot of folks who have had health problems this year, and most all have recuperated…or are recuperating again (Bobby and Colby come to mind here). But two names have stayed on the sick list pretty much all year, and with great regret, those two are finally gone from that list too…as silent keys.


I’d really hoped we’d go through one year without losing someone but 2009 will not be that year.


Bobbie Phillips, and Ray Prim faced similar situations and cancer played a large part of what finally took them from us.


I don’t really intend to get into that now, preferring to wait until January to do a “back page” on both of them when the initial hurt of their passing is muted and I can do them justice…I just don’t feel up to it yet…


 I did talk to Ray after Bobbie’s funeral, and he seemed to be OK, but said he didn’t think the impact had really hit him yet.


We still await information on Ray Prim’s arrangements, but I know his ashes will be interred at the Military Cemetery in Bushnell Florida sometime in the next few weeks. I do intend to be there. We were close friends far too long for me not to be.


And that’s how things happened in 2009. I’d like to thank Mark, Wynona, Dewey, Bobby and Buddy for joining me as Club Officers for 2009, and to also thank John for the work he’s done getting our website going and now for agreeing to take the Vice President’s position as Mark steps aside.


2009 has truly been a GREAT year, and there are many more good memories left to talk about that outnumber what I have already mentioned.


I have one final person to thank and I’m through. That person is YOU!


TARC’s reputation as a great club stems from the members who make up what we call our “Radio Family” and that includes EVERYONE.


I hope your “ride” this year has been what you’d hoped it to be, and I guarantee we will do our best to make 2010 even better!


Wishing you and your family the best Christmas ever!....Mike